Monday, July 11, 2005

Amar makruf, Nahi Mungkar [enjoins the good and forbids the evil]

As a follow-up to my posting on Konspirasi TsuMawi at my batch's yahoogroup mailing-list, sdarian84@yahoogroups, my former classmate replied on the need of us not to be judgemental on others. He might have taken my mail as judgemental on Asmawi (Akademi Fantasi 3 student) or in the general form, which I didn't. He might have mis-undestood my mail, in the first place.


I had the hypothesis that there are hidden hands that are trying to ensure this Mawi guy actually wins this competition. For what purpose?

Mawi is rated to be a person with good religious back-ground and have very credible background in reciting the Holy Quran even. I contended that to have a person of this bringing to succeed in entertainment will help to send a WRONG message to the rest of the Muslim Ummah, in Malaysia maybe, that singing and being involved in the entertainment industry is permissible in Islam, hey, a religious person is doing it as well. Hence the good score that this chap has been generating from the SMS votes!

I am not saying that this Mawi chap is destined to Hell, he's a bad person and the likes! I spesifically indicated that there exist a certain movement to ensure this chap will succeed. The euphoria with his popularity would also help in getting those 'peneroka' guys in Felda land-scheme to invest with Astro decoders and all! Another form of corruption to the minds of the masses.

My reservation of the whole thing was started by the concern of Amar makruf, Nahi Mungkar (enjoins the good and forbids the evil). This is part of the saying of 40 hadiths compiled by Imam Nawawi in his work, Matan Arba'in. Someone is selling it online, here.

It should not be confused with the 40 hadiths qudsi, the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) as revealed to him by the Almighty Allah, i.e. the authority (Sanad) is traced back not to the Prophet but to the Almighty. A hadith is a narration about the life of the Prophet s.a.w or what he approved - as opposed to his life itself, which is the Sunnah, denoting the way Prophet Muhammad s.a.w, the Messenger of Allah, lived his life!

This particular 34th. hadith that I am refering to specifically said that, enjoins the good and forbids the evil.

On the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:
"When any one of you sees anything that is disapproved (of by Allah), let him change it with his hand. If he is not able to do so, then let him change it with his tongue. And if he is not able to do so, then let him change it with his heart, though that is the weakest (kind of) faith." [Riwayat Muslim]







In Malay, someone has loosely translated it as:
Dari Abi Said Al-Khudri r.a, katanya : " Aku mendengar Rasulullah SAW bersabda : " Barangsiapa di antara kamu yang melihat kemungkaran, maka hendaklah ia mengubahnya dengan tangannya ( kuasanya ). Sekiranya ia tiada berkuasa maka hendaklah ia mengubahnya dengan lidahnya ( nasihatnya ).

Sekiranya ia tiada berkuasa maka hendaklah ia mengubahkannya dengan hatinya ( tidak meredhai perbuatan tersebut ). Dan yang demikian adalah selemah-lemah iman.

The whole collection of the online 40 hadiths in Malay could be found here, and the specific 34.th one here. Alternatively, it's here and the specific 34th. one here. Funnily the presentation at both these sites are better than the source of it, sakinah.8k.com

My reason for writing the mail in the first place was merely to show my concern of the euphoria of TsuMawi but I might have scandalised the whole issue by proposing my hypothesis! Silly me!

On the other hand, the support that Mawi has been generating might have been a result of Malaysian associating him to a story of a simple person who will make it big, a dream of all in Malaysia, as proposed by an e-mail flying around the country, you can read it here. If you can't, mail me, and I'll forward it to you! This Mawi chap even has a dedicated fanatic with a fan club to boast as well! She blogs here.

I reckoned that this Akademi Fantasia is part of a thing that is dis-approved by Allah swt. An over-the-top entertainment which diverts the Muslim Ummah from doing the appropriate deeds required by the religion.

All in all, I reckoned that I have done my part in highlighting the issue by writing to my mates, for I am helpless to change it using both my hands and tongue. Indeed, I am a Mukminin with the weakest of faith. <'Macccammmm bagus?' - someone used to say this to me, once>.

Allah swt, save me and the whole muslim ummah! Lead us all to the correct path, ih-dinnassiratulmustakeem!







Formerly posted here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home